These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Virtual Villagers 1: A New Home Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store Google Play Store

I have had the same trouble with ge...

I have had the same trouble with getting my master scientist to actually teach the children, and I have tried each of my several master scientists. (I'll try lvling a bit and see if that helps) I use the drum, kids come running, pull scientist over, and nothing happens. What exactly is supposed to happen? The scientist actually teaches the kids?

By sunny
09/14/2006
you and me answered above that you may have to increase your tech levels in order for the scientist to teach the children.
By jenne4
03/05/2007
Okay People, regarding having a teacher for the kids ........... .THERE IS NONE! STOP trying to drag a villager to the school to teach the kids cuz' it WILL NOT happen. A Master Scientist is needed ONLY to convert the building into a school. The school is said to help the newly born kids be born with a little bit of a skill. The drum is solely for our entertainment. We can click the drum and the kids come a running. I persoanlly like to do this just to round everyone up and see how many rug-rats I have roaming about. But please, get it out of your heads that some will TEACH the kids ..... Ain't gonna happen no matter how much dragging ya do.
By addicted
03/06/2007
**ATTENTION EVERYONE***
you CANNOT drag anyone to teach the kids in school. the school has 2 objectives:
1. it allows for new born children to start having an "apprentice" status to the farmer/scientist/builder/healer/breeder
2. the adult villagers DO go to the school to teach, and at that point you should bang the drums to get the children to go to the school. UNFORTUNATELY you are not in control of that...the adults RANDOMLY has the task say "teaching" and they will automatically head to the school to teach.
By vvnut
08/03/2007
actually, if you ,click on the drum with no adults around, the kids will still go to school without N E 1 teaching them.
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.